In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favourites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet – Information on our main line of veterinary therapeutic diets and life stage diets. This website also has good information about choosing a pet, purebred dogs and cats, as well as nutrition tips, exercise and vet tips for all life stages of your pet.
- Dog Star Daily – Dr. Ian Dunbars dog training website. Loaded with great information and sources.
- The Indoor Pet Initiative – Suggestions for making the lives of indoor pets better.
- Choosing a new puppy – This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society – Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behaviour problems – Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behaviour, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioural problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioural problem, check this one out!
- Ultimate Puppy – Learn how to train your puppy when it’ll have the most impact.
- Veterinary Partner – Providing the veterinary industry with online resources to access the tools and information for modern veterinary practice.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service – The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health-related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge – Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.